Home Power plant US $190m allocated for Dabaa Nuclear Power Plant project in Egypt

US $190m allocated for Dabaa Nuclear Power Plant project in Egypt

$190m has been allocated by the Russian government for the establishment of the Dabaa nuclear power plant project in Egypt. Deputy Chairman of the Nuclear Energy Authority Abdel Hamid el-Desoky made the announcement and said that an alliance has been formed between Egypt and Russia to develop some part of the project.
The Dabaa Nuclear Power Plant project will be the first nuclear power plant planned for Egypt and will be located at El Dabaa, Matrouh Governorate, which is about 130km northwest of Cairo. The energy project will be constructed by Rosatom in Egypt.
He further added that a feasibility study is being conducted to manufacture parts of the nuclear reactors in Egypt, and pointing out that the domestic manufacturing of nuclear energy will be expanded to reach 35% upon receiving four reactors in 2029.
Upon completion,
The Dabaa power plant will have a capacity of 4800MW. The overall cost of the project is $29bn out of which Russia will finance 85% as a state loan and Egypt will provide the remaining 15% in the form of installments. The Russian loan has a repayment period of 13 years, with an annual interest rate of 3%.
Preliminary contracts for the construction of four VVER-1200 units were signed in the presence of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Hill International secured $318 million Egyptian hospital revamp project

Hill International has secured a contract to provide construction management services for the $318m Kasr Al-Ainy Hospitals refurbishment project for Cairo University...

Actis eyeing $4.5bn fund for Mena renewable energy projects

Actis, an emerging markets investment firm based in London, UK, is eyeing finance worth $4 billion for launching its new international fund...

Abu Dhabi waste energy projects

The Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa), Emirates Water and Electricity Company (Ewec), and the Abu Dhabi Waste Management Centre (Tadweer) have...

SWPC invites to submit EOI for the Ras Mohaisen IWP

Saudi Arabian Company SWPC has invited developers to submit expressions of interest (EOI) for the planned Ras Mohaisen independent water project (IWP).