Saudi Arabia’s Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC) announces the qualified bidders for the development of two (2) new ISTPs namely Buraydah 2 ISTP and Tabuk 2 ISTP.
- Buraydah 2 ISTP will have a total treatment capacity of 150,000 m3/day. It will be located near the city of Buraydah (in the Qassim region) in north-central Saudi Arabia, approximately 400 km from Riyadh.
- Tabuk 2 ISTP will have a total treatment capacity of 90,000 m3/day. It will be located near the city of Tabuk in north-western Saudi Arabia.
Earlier, During February 2020, a total of 64 Companies has submitted the EOI. Among the total, 25 Companies are from Saudi Arabia.
Upon evaluation of RFP submission, SWPC announced following companies/consortia are pre-qualified to bid for Buraydah 2 ISTP and Tabuk 2 ISTP.
- Acciona Agua and International Water Distribution Company (Tawzea)
- FCC Aqualia, Alkhorayef Water & Power Technologies and Alfanar Company
- GS Inima Environment and Al Jomaih Energy and Water Company
- Marubeni Corporation
- Metito Utilities Limited
SWPC will be dealing with a competitive process to chose a developer or developer consortium for the development, financing, engineering, procurement, construction, implementation, operation, maintenance, ownership, and transfer of the Projects, together with involved infrastructure and facilities.
Under a 25-year Sewage Treatment Agreement (STA) by SWPC, the two (2) project companies to be incorporated to cultivate every Project will treat the whole sewage capacity supplied through SWPC.
SWPC’s obligations under the Sewage Treatment Agreement (STA) will be supported through a credit support agreement from the Government of Saudi Arabia.
SWPC is being advised by:
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (DIFC Branch – Dubai) as Lead and Financial Adviser
- DLA Piper as Legal Adviser
- WS Atkins & Partners Overseas Engineering Consultants as Technical Adviser.