Saudi Arabia’s Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC) announces the qualified bidders for the development of a new Independent Sewage Treatment Plant namely, Madinah 3 ISTP.
Madinah 3 ISTP will have a total ultimate treatment capacity of 375,000 m3/day. It will be located in the city of Madinah in western Saudi Arabia.
Earlier, During February 2020, a total of 62 Companies has submitted the EOI. included in the total of 23 Companies are from Saudi Arabia.
Upon evaluation of RFP submission, SWPC announced the following companies/consortia are pre-qualified to bid for Madinah 3 ISTP
- Acciona Agua and International Water Distribution Company (Tawzea)
- FCC Aqualia, Alkhorayef Water & Power Technologies and Alfanar Company
- GS Inima Environment and Al Jomaih Energy and Water Company
- Marubeni Corporation
- Metito Utilities Limited
- Veolia Middle East
SWPC will conduct a competitive process to choose a developer or developer consortium for the development, financing, engineering, procurement, construction, implementation, ownership, operation, maintenance, and transfer of the Project, together with involved infrastructure and facilities.
Under a 25-year Sewage Treatment Agreement with SWPC, a project company is to be incorporated to develop the Project and will treat the whole sewage capacity supplied by SWPC.
SWPC’s obligations under the STA will be supported by a credit support agreement from the Government of Saudi Arabia.
For Madinah 3 ISTP, SWPC is being advised by:
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (DIFC Branch – Dubai) as Lead and Financial Adviser
- DLA Piper as Legal Adviser
- WS Atkins & Partners Overseas Engineering Consultants as Technical Adviser.