Home Power plant Reach financial closing for the largest photovoltaic Al-Dhafra solar plant in Abu...

Reach financial closing for the largest photovoltaic Al-Dhafra solar plant in Abu Dhabi

EWEC, the off-taker, revealed on 26 July that the power purchase agreement for the Al-Dhafra solar independent power producer (IPP) 2GW project in Abu Dhabi had been signed with the appointed developers, and the project is planned to reach financial close in October.

The EDF/Jinko Power consortium will hold a 40% shares in the special purpose vehicle (SPV) set up to develop and operate the plant, with Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa) and Masdar holding the remaining 60%.

Taqa will serve more than 1 million customers across the UAE through 80,000km of electricity transmission lines and 20,000 km of water pipelines. In addition to now owning 12 power and desalination plants and all of Abu Dhabi’s power and water transmission companies, Taqa owns assets in Canada, Ghana, India, Iraq, Morocco, the Netherlands, Oman, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

The Al-Dhafra independent power producer will be Abu Dhabi’s second major photovoltaic solar project.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

SNOC begins gas production at Mahani field in Sharjah

Sharjah National Oil Corporation (SNOC) and its partner Italian oil major Eni have pulished the start-up of Mahani-1 gas well, marking the...

India’s Sterling and Wilson wins Acwa’s Egypt solar project

Saudi-based Acwa Power said it has reached an agreement with Sterling and Wilson Solar, a unit of leading Indian construction group Shapoorji...

Al Dahra signs strategic water security agreement with Israel’s Watergen

Abu Dhabi-based Al Dahra Holding Company has signed a strategic partnership agreement with Israeli company, Watergen to create a renewable source of...

ADNOC multi-billion dollar subsea transmission project

The Four groups have submitted binding commercial offers for the planned high-voltage sub-sea transmission project to connect Abu Dhabi National Oil Company’s...