Jeddah Economic Company (JEC) assigned the project Construction of Jeddah Economic City 110/13.8kV Substation. The Project has been assigned to Saudi based construction Company, NESMA Telecom, and Technology – NESMA Electric, a subsidiary of NESMA Holding. The project located in the substation is in Jeddah, the western zone of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. As per the terms of the project, the contractor will execute the works on a lump-sum turnkey basis for Engineering, Procurement and Construction of 110/13.8kV Substation.
The project scope of works comprises
- 110kV Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS)
- 50/67MVA Power Transformers
- 13.8kV Switchgear, 7MVAr capacitor Banks
- Protection & Control System
- Substation Automation System
- Telecom System
- Civil Works and Electro-Mechanical Works
The project will be supervised and implemented by National Grid Specifications and standards. Contractor needs to achieve the final acceptance of the works by 18 months from Contract Signing Date.