Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC), formerly known as Water & Electricity Company (WEC) signed the project contract for Jubail 3A IWP (Independent Water Producer) project.
Saudi Water Partnership Company signed the Project agreements with the consortium include for Jubail 3A IWP.
- Saudi Arabia’s ACWA Power
- Kuwait’s Gulf Investment Corporation
- Saudi Arabia’s Al-Bawani Water & Power Company
Earlier, during March 2020, SWPC appointed the preferred bidder for Jubail 3A IWP. ACWA Power led consortium has submitted the lowest Novelized Water Cost of 1.54861 SAR/Cu.m.
The Consortium Scope of Works associated development, design, financing, construction, commissioning, operation, and maintenance of Jubail 3A IWP of 600,000 m3/day.
The desalination plant will be located in Jubail area, eastern region of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Once the project commissioned, it will serve Riyadh, Qassim, and Eastern Provinces with potable water.
The Project will comprise storage tanks of one-day production as well as in-house solar power to reduce the power consumption from the network.
Under a concession of 25 years, the project company to be incorporated to develop the Project will sell the whole capacity and output to SWPC under a Water Purchase Agreement (WPA).
The Project Commercial Operation Date (PCOD) is expecting in 2022.
SWPC already awarded the following IWPs to developers:
- Rabigh-3 IWP having plant capacity 600,000 Cu.m per day to ACWA Power Consortium
- Shuqaiq-3 IWP having plant capacity 450,000 Cu.m per day to Marubeni Consortium.
- Yanbu-4 IWP having plant capacity 450,000 Cu.m per day is awarded to Engie Consortium.
Jubail 3B IWP (Plant Capacity 570,000 m3/day) is in bidding stage.